Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Carriage House


One of the most amazing homes I've ever been to is my Dad's Aunt and Uncle's home. Its an old carriage house which they've artfully converted into a beautiful and unique dewlling. The entire space is filled with interesing antiques they've collected over years of travel and exploration. You instantly feel as though you've stepped into another world, every surface covered in exotic treasures.
My Aunt Wendy took me there one Monday afternoon for what she refers to as "therapy." My Aunt Wendy and I sat with Aunt Pepsi and her daughter Kim, and flipped though old photographs and shared stories of my dad and his siblings growing up.

The attic of the carriage house is filled with even more antiques as well as where my Dad's cousin stores his sculptures made from tree limbs and drift wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment